May is National Moving Month, and also kicks off the start of peak moving season. This period of time—between Memorial Day and Labor Day Weekends, is typically the busiest time of year for moving companies in the United States due to the high volume of people relocating to new homes across the country and around the world. This is especially for those with children, as school is out for the summer and making a move during the free time is easier to plan around their schedules.
During high season, the most reputable and professional moving companies in San Jose CA are booked quickly and early on. Unfortunately, this means that those getting a late start are susceptible to hiring lesser-known, unqualified, and even disreputable movers and con-artist that are available. Oftentimes, these companies or individuals prey on consumers and use unethical tactics to take advantage of them in a vulnerable moment. If you’re moving this season, it’s important to learn how to recognize a valuable and honest moving company you can trust, to avoid falling victim to a high-season moving scam.
At Move Pros, we understand how important it is to be able to trust in your San Jose moving company during high season, low season, and throughout the rest of the year. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of hiring professional San Jose movers, and how to choose the right moving company for your relocation this year.
Why Hiring a Moving Company is a Great Idea
While a DIY approach can work, moving can be a complicated process that requires too much time and effort for the average household to handle. Each year, millions of Americans enjoy a pleasant moving experience by hiring expert San Jose movers. Below are the benefits of leaving this task to the pros:
- Cost-Effective Solutions: Hiring professionals can be much more cost-effective than renting a truck and moving equipment to do it yourself, especially when considering the extensive amount of time and effort that goes into the moving process. Customers should also factor in the cost of buying boxes, packing paper, packing tape, bubble wrap, and other packing supplies to the total, and what it will cost vs. hiring a company to provide them for you.
- Outstanding Convenience: Reliable moving companies in San Jose, CA, such as Move Pros, will take care of everything you need during your moving project from start to finish. Whether you choose a comprehensive, full-service moving plan with packing and unpacking services, or pack everything yourself and leave it to the movers to transfer, you’re going to save yourself a lot of energy that you can easily spend doing something more worthwhile.
- Peace-of-Mind: Moving isn’t simple—it’s actually extremely complicated. Experienced, professional moving companies in San Jose, CA can help you avoid unexpected problems that come up rather consistently during the moving process, like personal injury and other accidents, damage to your property or items, or theft of your belongings. You’ll also be able to enjoy a hassle-free, uncomplicated move—so that you can focus on adjusting to the change of scenery without the added stress.
- Security: You can be sure that professionals will pack your belongings securely and handle them with the utmost care.
Choosing a San Jose Moving Company
With the countless of licensed and unlicensed moving companies in San Jose, CA choosing the most suitable one can be extremely challenging. Doing your research is an important part of the process when it comes to choosing moving professionals, so be sure to get online and check the internet for the best options in your area. Make sure that the company has a website, social media following, or an otherwise strong and positive online presence.
Once you’ve come up with a list of movers, meet with them in person to discuss your options. Look for movers with the following characteristics:
- Licensed and Accredited: Check the San Jose moving company if it has the proper license to operate within your area and is accredited by industry-relevant organizations such as Pro Movers and American Moving and Storage Association. Additionally, check with your moving company if it has a good insurance policy so you will stay protected from unexpected additional costs.
- Transparent Pricing: Obtain at least three estimates from different moving companies and compare. Make sure that it is broken down into specifics so you can gauge if you will get your money’s worth. If the price is too low compared to the industry average, be cautious as it could be a scam.
- Professionalism and Experience: Ask about the experience of the company’s team of packers, movers, consultants, and drivers. Make sure that they also have the right credentials, experience, and skill sets to accomplish the job properly.
- Positive Online Reviews: Check the internet for online reviews about the moving company, or better yet, ask previous clients regarding the quality of service and their overall experience with the company.
- Modern Facilities and Equipment: Ensure that the moving company is equipped with professional-grade moving equipment and have modern facilities so you can enjoy a pleasant moving experience.
- A Friendly Team: The attitude of the moving company’s staff can have a significant impact on your overall experience. Choose a company with employees that are courteous, friendly, and accommodating to your needs.
Your Trusted San Jose Movers
Move Pros is a locally operated moving company which caters to San Jose and nearby areas. As an agent of Wheaton World Wide Moving , we have established ourselves as a trusted provider of stress-free residential, commercial, and specialized moving services—be it local, long-distance, or international.
With our team of experienced moving experts and state-of-the-art equipment, tools, and facilities, we manage to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction while still maintaining reasonable pricing. If you want to learn more about what we can offer, give us a call at Move Pros today. Alternatively, you may also get a free in-home estimate by filling out this online form.